Before the year 2016 ends and as we welcome a new year, I just wanna share something personal to you guys including some of my reflections over the years.
This year, I turned 30. I was fortunate to be able to celebrate my 30th birthday with my parents here in Oslo since they are base in The Philippines. The best birthday gift I have ever received! And of course I had one of the best party with amazing people in my life!
Since I have been existing on this lovely earth for the last 30 years and still counting, I’ll share to you guys what I have learned in life.
- Showing gratitude could mean so much to others. A simple thank you can make a person happy! Thankfulness makes you appreciate even the smallest things in your life! Because there is always something to be thankful for.
- I have learned that sometimes blood is not thicker than water. Sometimes you meet people and they become your family!
Out of their ordinary lives. Got them to wear WIGS! XD
- People come and go. But some people chose to stay! There are some people in your life who remain being reliable!
And after all these years… he’s still one of my closest, greatest friends. And I’m thankful for that! 🙂
- Over the years I learned to be more honest to myself about how I feel. Whether it’s good or bad and be able to reflect about it.
- I still cry over sad movies. I guess, empathy makes you feel more human! Being able to put yourself on other people’s shoe is not a bad thing!
- Being in school by the age of 30 has never been more fun and interesting! I guess, getting older makes you appreciate knowledge/education better than ever.
- Life is not a competition. You don’t always have to prove yourself! You don’t always have to be the best. Trying to be better than you were yesterday is more than enough!
- I learned to treasure those people who genuinely cares about me even if they are thousand miles away. Distance and timezone doesn’t mean a thing! Loyalty is.
- I also learned that it doesn’t matter how slow you go, as long as you don’t stop. You’ll get there eventually. “Do something today that your future self will thank you for.”
- I learned to appreciate my parents even more. How lucky I am to still have them both in my life! Especially my mom whom also is my best friend.
- Life is too short and time passes too quickly! Don’t live in the past nor the future. Live for today.
- And last but not the least, I might be 30 now, but I still feel like 22! After all, we’re all kid at hearts! ❤
I’m looking forward not on counting my age in the future but to many more birthdays to come to celebrate with my loved ones! May we all have a cheerful and fruitful 2017! Cheers! Happy New Year! xoxo